Login to access subscriber-only resources.
About the Journal
"What are the latest clinical applications of opioids in medicine?"
"How should healthcare providers prescribe and manage patients on opioid therapies to enhance outcomes and reduce risk to the patient."
"What is the latest basic science in opioids and pain pathways?"
"How should I modify my practice to stay out of the legal and regulatory 'cross-hairs' in this challenging environment?"
Journal of Opioid Management addresses these important questions and many more faced by medical professionals as they deal with the complexities of opioid therapies.
Journal of Opioid Management is a peer-reviewed, professional journal that addresses all aspects of the safe use and management of opioids. The Journal provides guidance to physicians and healthcare professionals on how to safely prescribe and responsibly manage these important drugs.
Journal of Opioid Management topics and features include:
- The latest basic science and clinical application of opioid therapy
- Tapering Patients Off Opioids
- Alternatives to Opioid Therapy for Pain
- Treatment of Co-Morbid Conditions, e.g. Addiction and Bipolar Disorder and Addiction
- Patient Selection for Use of Opioids to Treat Pain; Detecting Abuse, Diversion and Addiction
- Use of Opioids in Chronic Non-Cancer Patients as well as Cancer Survivors
- Opioid Education for Prescribers - Does it work?
- Updates on FDA Approvals: Abuse Deterrent Opioid Formulations and Their Applications
- Opioid Management in the midst of an opioid crisis for palliative care patients
- Rethinking Medication Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Guidelines on proper opioid prescribing and compliance
- Legal issues and the ongoing regulatory environment
- Medical Marijuana and Opioids
- And Much More!
Designed to meet the challenge faced by medical professionals as they prescribe opioids, Journal of Opioid Management fills what's been called "a dangerous gap" in medical literature at a time when the Federal spotlight has been switched on to the rising problem of abuse and addiction tied to these prescription painkillers.
With an editorial review board of the world's leading experts in the field, under the leadership of Editor-in-Chief, Paul A. Sloan, MD, Journal of Opioid Management addresses all aspects of the use and safe management of opioids. It provides guidance to physicians and healthcare professionals on how to safely prescribe and responsibly manage these drugs. Subscribe today!