Share your latest research in this educational project
Call for Presentations
Share your knowledge on this important topic!
Showcase your presentations at BUPE2024-Buprenorphine: Clinical and Public Policy Implications before it's too late! Expanding on the excellence of BUPE2021, the Journal of Opioid Management (JOM) is excited to bring forth new research and practice on buprenorphine in pain management, addiction treatment, and related areas in medicine.
BUPE2024, an online educational platform, will explore all facets of buprenorphine usage in medicine through enlightening presentations and engaging poster videos, meticulously curated to expand knowledge on the diverse applications of buprenorphine within the healing pharmacopeia, serving as a vital tool in addiction treatment. By delving into the comprehensive aspects of prescribing buprenorphine, we will examine its optimal use in clinical practice and delve into the crucial public policy considerations.
We are thrilled to announce that this online education site will be co-led by Mary Lynn McPherson, PharmD, MA, MDE, BCPS, CPE and Mellar P. Davis, MD, FCCP, FAACP. Dr. McPherson and Dr. Davis have been thought leaders in the field of opioids for decades, and we look forward to their leadership on this project.
Submit to BUPE2024, and help pave the way for a brighter future in buprenorphine research, practice, and the shaping of public policy.
3. Email these forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance, contact us at 781-899 2702 ext 108 or ext 114, from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST.
Deadline: Now thru August 15, 2023 (See Schedule below for more details)
Call for Presentation Details
Journal of Opioid Management invites the submission of presentations based on original papers, research articles, case studies, literature reviews, and expert analysis.
Our goal is to create an authoritative online resource that presents the latest research on the basic science, clinical application, and public policy aspects of buprenorphine. This will address the most important issues opioid prescribers face while utilizing this drug in their practice.
3. Email these forms to email@example.com. For assistance, contact us at 781-899-2702 ext 108 or ext 114, from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST.
We are seeking presentation proposals on the following topics:
· Clinical application of buprenorphine in pain management
· Where does buprenorphine fit on the ladder of analgesics?
. The use of buprenorphine in managing pain in advanced illness
· Rescheduling of buprenorphine to replace NSAIDS
· How does one rotate onto buprenorphine from other potent opioids?
· How does one rotate from buprenorphine to other opioids?
· The nuances of buprenorphine PK/PD and its clinical relevance
· Clinical utility of buprenorphine relative to other opioids, safer or not?
· Clinical application of buprenorphine in addiction medicine
· Perioperative management of patients on long-term buprenorphine
· Breakthrough pain management on buprenorphine
· What population would likely benefit from using buprenorphine upfront?
· Buprenorphine in complex persistent opioid dependence
· Buprenorphine in opioid use disorders
· How safe is buprenorphine in organ failure?
· Comparison of buprenorphine delivery technologies
· PK/PD of various formulations and delivery platforms
· Suboxone as an analgesic off-label
· Are benzodiazepines OK for patients on long-term buprenorphine?
· Can patients overdose on buprenorphine?
· The role of buprenorphine in addressing the opioid crisis
· Economic considerations in prescribing buprenorphine
· Integration of buprenorphine into practice protocols
· Impact of buprenorphine on crime and legal issues
· Legislation impacting buprenorphine adoption
Accepted presenters must complete a full CME disclosure form and have their presentation reviewed by the accreditor for our program.
A complete proposal requires the following:
· Presentation title
· A brief description of the presentation, its need, and rationale for your topic at the BUPE2024 conference.
· Abstract text of up to 200 words, with information about each presenter’s contribution; a focus statement with a succinct description of topics discussed, including background, purpose, procedures, and conclusions.
· Educational objectives, goals, and outcomes.
· Five (5) questions for a post-conference test
· Moderator and/or presenter information, including disclosures, bio, and picture. The presenter’s bio (250-300 words) should include both educational and professional achievements. The bio provided will be published in the speaker's guide and used to introduce speakers. The picture must be a high-res .jpg file.
Applicants will be notified within two (2) weeks of abstract submission. All presenters will receive complimentary conference registration. Other details and terms of participation will be communicated to presenters upon acceptance of their proposal.
Accepted presentations will be recorded and stored on the conference site. Select presentations may be scheduled for presentation live online at a time determined by the presenters and organizers. During the live online presentation, all presenters may respond to questions. After the presentation has been archived and posted on the Virtual website, only the lead presenter or designate will answer email-based questions. Symposium sessions are 30-60 minutes in length. Panel presentations involving multiple presenters will be given additional time.
PowerPoint slides are required and are due within 21 days of acceptance of the presentation for content review. MP4 video files can be recorded after the content review is complete. PDF handouts of slides will be posted with the video. The session moderator will be expected to assist the organizers in collecting and organizing all presentation slides and handout materials.
Poster submissions may have been previously presented. Video posters must be original unreleased videos and no more than 15 minutes long. Poster presenters are required to register for the conference.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine and Weston Medical Publishing, LLC.
Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This activity is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Deadline for Proposals: August 15, 2023 (Subject to extension)
Decisions on presentations: July 15, 2023 - September 1, 2023. For the first 15 presentations. Poster presentations will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
Decisions will be sent as soon as possible, typically 2 weeks.
Latest Presentation Decision: September 1, 2023
Finalized Presentation Deadline: October 1, 2023
BUPE2024 Virtual Conference: November 15, 2023 - December 31, 2024
Journal of Opioid Managementwants to allow speakers to convert their presentations into articles to be added as an addendum to our Special Issue on Buprenorphine! We are targeting 3,500-6,000 word length articles. The special issue will be based on the current JOM article format. Please submit your manuscript by January 15, 2024, via the manuscript submission link. We aim to have the special issue ready for publication in 2024.
Contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-899-2702, ext. 114. We are available to assist you from 9 AM – 4 PM EST.
We thank you for your commitment to the proper and adequate use of opioids and your support of the Journal of Opioid Management.